Sunday, December 21, 2008

WOW-What a day!

Yesterday, Nicole came over to babysit so Derrick and I could get a few last minute errands finished.

We knew it would be painful but we had to get a few things that I've either added to my TO DO list recently or stuff I've been putting off.

Anyway, it was absolute chaos.

Not only were the roads icy and snowy but it was 9 degrees! We left our house and headed towards the mall but noticed that traffic at the Columbia Blvd. exit was really backed up. Since we "love" crowds AND traffic, we skipped that exit and headed towards the Edison exit. I needed to stop at Michael's and at Macy's so we headed into Michael's first. Michael's wasn't too bad, we waited in a short line and we were back out and on our way shortly. We headed towards Macy's and noticed the traffic in the parking lot of the mall was basically gridlocked. We spent about 25 minutes fighting our way through the parking lot looking for a spot to park and finally found one back by Sears. I couldn't believe how crowded the mall was! I could not imagine waiting until the last weekend before Christmas to get my shopping done.....too stressful! I picked up the ONE item I needed from the mall and got out of there as quickly as possible.

Derrick and I were really looking forward to having dinner at Bonefish and we were so excited to hear about the happy hour specials. Half price appetizers and drink specials--I had a margarita and it was great! We also ordered the bang bang shrimp and spicy chicken rolls. Ok...I don't eat fish or seafood but I decided to try the bang bang shrimp (first time, EVER....in my life). I liked it. It was a little chewy but the breading and the yummy sauce on the shrimp was delicious! I love Bonefish!

Our day was great, we finished up our evening by driving through the desert plateau neighborhood decorated with luminary lights with the kids and my parents. It started snowing right when we headed out, it was so awesome! Even though it was really cold, the neighborhood was all decked out. We drove around to look at all the Christmas lights and decorations and even got a few candy canes from several friendly Santa's!

No comments: